Sunday, August 21, 2011

Easton- 16 months

Easton Beaston,

Kind of a silly name. But that is what we call you. I have been thinking about you so much these last few weeks. You are my little man for sure. And I can't really explain in words how in love with you I am. Sorry this is going on the internet for all the world to see. I don't want you to grow up, learn to read, and hate me for all the embarrassing things I say! Don't get me wrong. I have no intention of controlling myself. I will always be your mom, and therefore always say and do horrible things. I just don't want you to hate me for them!

So one of my favorite things to do right now is to watch you play. It is fascinating to me what an athlete you are already. Paige is the dancer. Hailey is wild and crazy. And you are just pure athlete. You say three words right now. Ma (which does not necessarily mean me... it can be any adult), Ba ba (which usually means you want a drink... supposed to be bottle), and Ball. Ball is unmistakable. I mean, you often make the mistake of thinking that anything round is a ball. Anything. But the word itself is unmistakable. You make sure to get all four letters in there. Sometimes a few extra l's if you are feeling playful. And we always know what you are referring to. Your life revolves around golf balls, basketballs, big colorful bouncy balls, and any other ball you come across. And the best part is watching you play with them. You know how to use a bat (sometimes). You know what golf clubs do (usually). And your favorite sport is putting basketballs into any basket you can find. It is just funny to me how all of these things seem to have come so naturally to your brain. Now the one thing I get to worry about forever is what will happen if you stop throwing with your left hand. You can chuck a ball across the house. And your Daddy is so proud that it usually happens with the left arm. He is seeing your MLB career panning out already.

I, on the other hand, have other plans for your future. You are the biggest flirt ever. I mean biggest flirt. You have the biggest, cutest blue eyes and you just bat those lashes at any female who will stay still long enough. Church is so distracting for me. Wherever we sit I hear people behind us giggling because you blow kisses and do this cheesy smile thing. You melt the ladies's hearts. I am going to need to take care of this issue within the next ten years or I am going to have a massive issue on my hands.

What else do you need to know about yourself right now? You need to know that I am so sorry you lost your lap so early in life. And by your lap I mean my lap. Snuggling you to sleep has always been one of my favorite activities. And it might just be that you are outgrowing that. But for the last three weeks you just can't seem to get comfortable on my lap with my massive twin belly in the way. And sometimes you snuggle up to the belly and kiss it and pat it and love it. It's like you know what is in there and already love your little sisters. But other times you glare at it, and smack it. Hard! Again, it's like you already know and you're trying to start the sibling rivalry already! Both reactions are cute though. And both make me one more lady with a melted heart.

Easton, your job with these twins in going to be a big one. Not that I want to clump you in with them. But you really will be almost like triplets. You are my baby! And with two more on the way I just hope I can split my time appropriately so that you always know exactly how important you are to me! But as the big brother to these little girls, you are going to have a lot of chances to be the enforcer and defender. Don't go beating up every boy at school. But I do hope you will always be there for them and be looking out for them. You three need to stick together!

I love you, Easton. Thanks for all the smiles and slobber kisses. You have no idea how much those mean to me right now.

Mom

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see him play ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me get all teary eyed! It is so cute how you talk about easton. I admire your love and strength you have for your kids and as a mother.

    ReplyDelete